Saturday, March 6, 2010

Im into Human Resource. So everyday I take interviews and interact with different people. Its actually fun. I always liked to communicate with people whether it was on phone or face t0 face. I have experienced that people in this world face so many problems & issues in their job & personal lives.

I interviewed a guy few days back. His appearance was thin, pale, his eyes had dark circles, as if he was in deep pain. But he seemed to be a decent guy. I started interviewing him and asked him normal questions like reason for leaving his previous companies. The reasons told by him were that he left his first company coz his father was detected as cancer patient. I couldn't dare to ask him whether he was cured or not. He left his 2nd company for growth where he worked for 3 years but even after spending 3 years, he was not promoted even after performing best, which seemed to be a normal answer. But then my heart tore when told me the reason for leaving his last company. He said he would have never left his last company as it was paying him good and the work too was interesting. I still had a question mark on my face. He told me it was a personal reason. As an HR, I couldn't expect him to not answer the question on him leaving a wonderful job when he was happy with the job and was earning great. But then he himself told me the reason. I was running through his resume and suddenly he said, MY GIRLFRIEND DIED. I was speechless. I just couldn't say a word for a moment. I could actually see the pain in his eyes. I kept thinking about him. How much pain he might have gone through.

We always complain and fight on small things with our loved ones. Have you ever wondered what if after having a fight, the person never returns in your life again?

Always give a person a second chance to speak, to clarify. and not just fight on small and silly issues which are just going to harm your future & your relationship. Give your best in every relation. So that you would never repent in your future.

I have seen a married man leaving his job just to take care of his ailing wife. And have also seen a woman for whom her job was more important than her family and later she got divorced just because she couldn't give enough time to her husband & in-laws. And in that pain she also quit her job. Whar did she get atlast?? Nothing but loneliness & pain. She lost her job & also relations.

We are the ones who can better decide whether our relations are important or our career. Career goes hand-in-hand. But if you say that you are earning for your family but neglecting them for work, what's the use of it?

We should not let relations be the last option in our lives. Thats just what I meant.

No comments: